[Scriptoris] Scanning Large Images?

Phocas phocas at bordermarch.org
Sun Nov 15 16:40:21 PST 2009

Greetings,
   I've had very good luck with scanning them in parts or sections and
putting the pieces together in PhotoShop.  One thing you need to do is
turn off the scanner auto correct. That way each scan is the same
color... even if it doesn't look great and the whites are dark, once you
get them together then flatten the image, you can color correct it as a
whole.  Now it is a bit easier for me being a Photoshop guru.  I sure
would not mind if you wanted to send me the scans and I'll put them
together for you and send you back the finished image.

If you give it another try, when you get the other parts in PhotoShop,
turn off all the layers your not working with except the two you are
trying to get lined up. Put the top or upper layer in mode difference.
That makes it SO much easier to line up. The put it back to mode normal
when you have it lined up. Go back then and erase the edge with a very
soft edged brush so you don't see any line where it is seemed.

If you are going to BAM, throw the images on a CD or jump drive and I
can give you a PhotoShop lesson on my laptop.  If you can't turn off
auto correct on the scanner, try to scan each one with a small piece of
gray on the edge. That will make matching the differences between the
scans easier. I could get them matched for you even if you don't have a
gray reference in each- it's just more complicated and take a very
trained eye to match them without a reference.

Lord Phocas of Bordermarch
Who has some championship scrolls to get finished before BAM