[Scriptoris] Fwd: KWHSS 2010 proceedings

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Tue Jan 12 11:15:17 PST 2010

Forwarded from the SCA-Heralds list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Constance Wyatt <constancewyatt at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 7:57 PM
Subject: KWHSS 2010 proceedings
To: SCAHRLDS at listserv.aol.com

Please forward to any and all lists that heralds of the SCA will see.

Greetings unto the College of Arms from Constance Wyatt, Town Crier
Pursuivant for the Kingdom of An Tir.

While the autocrat team is working hard on the next Known World
Heraldic and Scribal Symposium, I am here to ask for your help. It is
my job to compile the proceedings for this next symposium and I know
that there is some wonderful information out there in the College that
would be great for the proceedings.

If you have something you would like to submit, please email it to me
at constancewyatt AT gmail DOT com. Please make sure that in your
subject line you have "2010 proceedings" so that I don't miss it.
Please have your item proof read as much as possible.

My plan is to have two formats of each item. One will be formatted to
fit into a printed complied proceedings. We are also planning on
providing all items individually on a CD. If you have a finalized,
formatted version, that version will be included on the CD as a PDF
file. We will be testing to make sure that almost any computer with
the free Acrobat Reader can read each item and the CD.

Please send items in either .doc, .pages, or rich text in your
preferred finalized layout. Please do not send text files as PDFs as
it can be tricky to pull the text off of it. If you have any images,
please including them in the file and label them so that they will be
labeled correctly in the complied format. If you have a collection of
images, please either group them into a single zip file, or medium
resolution on a single doc/pages file or PDF. Deadline for receiving
items is April 15, also known as Tax day in the US.

Also, I would like to add some personality to the complied
proceedings. Please include with your item in the body of the email,
your name (and mundane if you wish) a short paragraph bio of yourself,
and if you like, your arms/achievement/badge. These will only be used
on the compiled format, but I know that knowing a bit of who wrote
something gives a bit more life to an item. And we all love to see
heraldry.

In Service to the Crown, the populace of An Tir, and the College of Arms
Lady Constance Wyatt
Town Crier Pursuivant
"Pondera!" (Balance!)
Azure, in pale a lion statant Or and a rose argent, barbed vert,
seeded gules between flaunches Or