[Scriptoris] To Past Star Signets and Sable Scrolls...

Estella Flather eflather at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 5 11:01:03 PST 2011

Hi, again,
Sorry I replied to the list when I probably should have sent this privately.
However, what we look for in charters is no secret. As Hilary noted in her
reply, I have written an article on designing scrolls that goes over a lot of
issues that have been problems with charter designs and solutions for those
problems. When I wrote the article, which was originally my charter design class
handout, I had in mind many issues that had come up in the past with various
charter designs that could have been improved. There have been many talented
artists who have donated their time to creating charters for the Kingdom and all
of their work is appreciated. However, since we use photocopying so that scrolls
are always available at the time that awards are given, there are some quirks
that are involved with the printing of the charters that those doing original
charters may not know about. If you want to design charter masters for printed
scrolls please read my article on the Scribal Website. If you want to do
original scrolls those are always welcome as well. The approved scroll texts are
posted on the website. It is preferred that you use the approved texts. You
may write your own text, but it must be approved by the College of Heralds to
make sure the wording is acceptable.

     Thank you to all who paint, design or otherwise help to supply award
scrolls for our Crown and populace.
     In service, HE Mistress Stella Silvana