[Scriptoris] Multi-Kingdom Scribal "think-tank" discussion @ BAM

Elaine eshc at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 26 11:55:05 PDT 2011

I won't be able to go, but could someone pass along an idea I have
had for a while?

The idea:
In the out-of the-margins area  of a printed scroll to be cut off,
could the designer of the original please put an ABC set of the big
and little letters used in the scroll? (Majuscules and minuscules,
for those who only speak "calligraphy.")

This would help those who might not know the style of all the letters
needed for the filling in of the scroll's blanks. That way, the
recipient would have a nicer looking, more cohesive appearance to the
lettering when they go to proudly hang it on their walls.

Besides, the cut off's alphabet examples would make an excellent
reference strip for designing the lettering of an original, later.
For lack of a better use, it would make a nice bookmark!  ; - )

YIS,
HL Lete Bithespring, Steppes, Ansteorra