[Scriptoris] Gulf Wars Open A&S Update

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 13:42:47 PST 2012

Forwarded, Hillary
---------------------------------------
From: medieval_vogue <medieval_vogue at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Subject: [SCARoses] Latest Open A&S update
To: SCARoses at yahoogroups.com

Good morning all,

This is a friendly reminder that it's never too early to start encouraging
your kingdom's artisans to bring things to show off at Gulf Wars. With the
War now just a month away, I hope you will seriously encourage the artisans
of all levels in your kingdom to join us in showing off your creations.

The Meridies/Gleann Abhann Open A&S will take place on Friday at Gulf Wars
from 8 a.m to 3 p.m. at Bede Hall.

All artisans of the known world are encouraged and welcome to bring their
projects, regardless of their level of expertise, to display. There will be
both static and performance categories.

Documentation may be extensive, or may be a little as a 3x5 card explaining
what, when, where and how it was made.

Performance entries are invite to perform twice in the day for audiences
(tentatively 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.).

Prizes will be awarded based on populace judging?please, everyone attend,
observe and vote for your favorite, we'll give you a bead to do it with.
Additionally, the Queens of both kingdoms will give personal prizes
(usually to novice level entries), the Laurels of both kingdoms will give
prizes, and there are always a plethora of personal prizes provided by
other Crowns and individuals of high merit and households from Meridies and
Gleann Abhann.

This year, we have incorporated a children's category for entrants under 12
years of age, sponsored by Mistress Marsali of Crossgate that includes any
item or performance by a child under the age of twelve. Categories follow
those in the adult section.

At the end of the day, projects may be picked up between 3:30 and 4 p.m.
Prizes will be given out promptly at 3:30 (you need not be present to win).
We do encourage entrants to be prompt in picking up entries, as the hall
will immediately be turned over to prep for an evening event at 4.

Laurels of all kingdoms are invited to come, observe, and vote for their
favorite items. Written feedback and largesse are encouraged.

In recent years, we have averaged more than 50 entries from across at least
10 kingdoms (last year we had more than 60), and those of us working at the
event have had the good fortune of seeing many extraordinary works by a
large number of artisans.

Those interested in volunteering to help during the day or wishing to offer
a prize in a particular category (e.g best Viking era entry, best armour
entry, etc.) may contact me directly via the Gulf Wars website or at
medieval_vogue at yahoo.com.

Yours in Service,
Countess Gwendolen-Isabella Stewart, OL, Meridian Gulf Wars A&S Liaison
--
Gulf Wars XXI - March 11-18, 2012
www.gulfwars.org