[Scriptoris] Roll of Arms Scroll

Brian O'hUilliam brianoftheloch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 12:15:24 PST 2012

   It is a great opportunity for scribes to try their hands at original
scrolls in a very low pressure situation since it is a fairly open
deadline.  Furthermore, considering the amount of calligraphy is low, it
would likely not deter new calligraphers and give them the chance to try
their hand at calligraphy.  At least in my experience, there are fewer
calligraphers, so this could help more people try it and realize it is not
as hard as it looks.
    If we have the ability to display our skill as scribes with
appreciative recipients, then why not do it?  I did a bracket of names,
nothing near as fancy or "spiffy" as a Roll of Arms, for Gunthar II and he
was very appreciative.
    Plus, the Rolls of Arms adds to the ceremony of the Society.  I could
see this being a beautiful presentation in Court that brings the College of
Heralds, College of Scribes, and the individual scribe some fine
attention.  Also, this would be really nice for Crowns who already have
Duchies so they have something nice to put up on the wall.  I know I love
the scrolls on the wall.  I have a story for each one and they bring back
great memories.

In Service,
Brian O'hUilliam