[Scriptoris] Request to be on the scribal list

Elaine Crittenden eshc at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 30 09:33:45 PST 2018

I seem to have been left out of any list devoted just to scribes. We used to have one. If we still do, may I request a favor? Include me, please. I like to keep up with the developments, though I don’t go to many events any more. (Next birthday is the 80th for me.)

Oldtimers may remember me. When I played in the 1990’s, the only scribal award I didn’t get was “Mistress.” In those long ago days, any training outside of the SCA disqualified you. I am told that bias is not present any more. Good.

I had studied under international, mundane teachers, including gilding under QEII’s scribe Donald Jackson, so I wasn’t eligible. I would have loved training apprentices, but that didn’t get to happen, unfortunately. So much knowledge lost.

Even Baron Edwin and Queen Sara Penrose applauded my calligraphy and illumination talents. So sad, but I had fun when I did go to colleges and events, including the ones at Canton when we had tornadoes and floods. So many tales developed.

I would still like to see what is being said among the scribes today. If you please, let me be in the Scribes’ List. Thanks in advance.

YIS,
HL Lete Bithespring
(mka Elaine Crittenden)