SR - First Principality Meeting

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Mon Apr 6 13:28:36 PDT 1998

	Hello All,

	Well, we had a meeting and it was all quite civil, respectful and
even productive! For all of you who weren't present, there were about
60 some odd people present. We discussed what would be required to
form a principality, (membership, paper work and the like), how we
would have to go about it should we decide to form a principality,
(voting and so on), why we may or may not wish to form a principality
and then moved on to proposed boundaries should the decision be made
to move forward.

	The debates were very healthy. People managed to voice varying
opinions and remain polite and respectful of one another which was
quite nice. (I wish they would learn how to do that where I work!)
People kept their heads and made excellent points on all sides of the
debate. Some were for, some against and some were neutral but gave
everyone something to think about. I. for one, was very impressed and
encouraged by people's behavior.

	There were several informal straw polls taken that covered people's
choice for or against a principality and a variety of possible
boundaries. Hopefully, Tivar and/or Ithillian will publish the results
of those polls. I don't recollect numbers, but I know that the
majority of people were in favor of the idea of a principality but the
exact boundaries of the principality could sway how some people vote.

	The things that everyone agreed upon where of the following nature

*	This is something that needs to be well thought out. We can't rush
into something like this.
*	More meetings and more discussion must happen. (Another meeting is
planned for Fynnon Gath)
*	We must be certain to include folks who aren't on the net and inform
them as to what's being said and when and where the meetings are to be
held.
*	This will take a long time to do.
	I'm sure there were a few other such points but I don't remember at
the moment. Somebody please include them if I've missed any. We didn't
get around to discussing names or heraldry as it is too early and we
ran out of time.

	So now what? I would to ask Tivar and Ithilian to please post the
results on the straw polls. And please remember, these were informal,
non binding polls simply to gauge the opinions at that meeting. Galla
has volunteered to put together a pamphlet for folks not on the net
and, as I mentioned, there will be another meeting at Fynnon Gath. Who
will moderate that one?

	I would like to thank Tivar and Ithillian for moderating the meeting.
They did a fantastic job. Also, thanks to Richard Fairborne for
representing the seneschal and giving us the facts on how this is
done.

	If anyone else has any comments concerning their impressions of the
meeting, how it went, what you think of the idea of a new principality
or anything else dealing with the topic, please share it.

	Yours Sincerely,
	Pendaran