SR - First Principality Meeting

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Wed Apr 8 18:13:20 PDT 1998

/Lorraine said:
/(snip)
/To which I respond:
/
/I'm not sure what your point is exactly about the 'general populace'...  I
/totally disagree with you *if* what you are saying is that the meeting was
/entirely populated by hats and peers; some of the most salient points were
/made by those with little or no rank at all (Pug, Mffanwy, Christina, Alaric
/Styrr, Otter... I could go on).

Most of which are or were officers
or were SO's of Officers (Which was part of my
definition of not-general populace)

(snip Tempio's working staff at it's own event)

/  And speaking of the king, he only stayed for about 20
/minutes of the meeting ("It's got nothin to do with me... *shrug*").

He was there alot longer than that and would not have said
"It's got nothing to do with me..*shrug*" He DID say
"I only care what's best for the kingdom"

/
/On another tack, even if every single person (all 79 who stayed the length
/of the meeting) were a triple peer, held a duchy four times over, were
/sitting on the BoD at the time, and had played since AS III, they *would
/still be members of the populace*.

yes they are members of the populace

/  They cared enough about what was going
/on to show up to the meeting.  Somebody has to lead- and I for one don't
/care whether you happen to be a member of the Order of the Pink Marmoset or
/not as long as you reason your decisions, are thoughtful of others feelings,
/and are willing to show up and sweat with the rest of us.

I was trying to point out that the people who aren't mover's and shaker's
should be concerned and should have cared enough to attend the meeting
since they were at the event instead of get second hand opinion of
how the meeting went.

/
/And 79 people ain't chopped liver no matter how you slice it.

No they aren't chopped liver...but most of them were "ones who travel"
and "ones who have a clue" and "ones that want to get a clue"

Then again the choice of non-involvement means that the vote of
those people will not reflect an educated view but the view of
the last person to sway them...baaaaaa

/Ritter Dieterich

Lorraine DeerSlayer