SR - Let's get started!

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 9 23:14:57 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

And here's the corrections with the aid of my dictionaries:

>p. 48: SEIEPEVSE, 1532, ?, William Paston of Paston

I can't find anything like this.  Anyone else want to take a shot?

>p. 45: In utrumque paratus, 1616, ?, Knowles

"Prepared in both."  Both what?

>p. 131: Sovereyne, ?, =, Duchy of Lancaster

"Infallible."  or "The best."

>p. 146: Seasa Pais, 1625, ?, Barons Livingstone

Hmmm.  Was there an umlaut over the I, Daniel?  If so, the latter word is
"country."  If not, it's "peace."  The first word could be %seza%  (Old
Occitan--%siege% in modern French) [seat--i.e., "headquarters" or "source"]
or it could be seisa [seize].  Blasted homophones.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace
Dennis Grace
University of Texas at Austin