SR - Re: ANST - To Become Principalities Or Not

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Apr 12 16:11:14 PDT 1998

Carol Ross said something that sounded like:
> Dennis and/or Dory wrote:
> >I'm curious, how many times does this information need to be repeated? Or
> >are some folks just refusing to enter it into thier information files?
> I am sorry if I offended you. I am new this sort of thing and I was only
> expressing my opinion. I have never been on a list before and I was not
> aware that there are information files.

You have not offended me at all.

Something other people have to realize is that:

1) People subscribe and unsubscribe from the lists daily. The faces are
   always changing.

2) People sometimes get full mailboxes and they lose parts of discussions.
   I deal with full mailboxes for subscribers to the list daily.

3) Some of the discussions are not of interest to people at one point,
   but are at others. I know I've personally jumped into discussions
   late and repeated topics already covered. Deal with it.

4) Just because things were discussed on one list, doesn't mean that the
   same identical discussions aren't going to come up on another. The
   users, and thus the viewpoints, are different and therefor rehashed.

5) The same points will be brought up at all the of the informal
   Principality discussions that are face to face.

6) Saying something on-line doesn't mean a damn thing. It's worth the paper
   it's printed on. If you want to be heard you *must* say it at the
   informal Principality meetings. If you aren't willing to say it
   there, then don't bother saying it here.

7) Very few people know that there are archives of the public lists
   available at ftp://ftp.ansteorra.org/sca/archives if they'd like to
   see the dicussions we've already had. No one is required to read them
   though.

8) Don't get frustrated with arguing over and over. As Don Tiver (?) pointed
   out, we are going to have very heated discussions even with your best
   friends over all of this. Remember to leave your emotions (and egos)
   at the door folks.

I've CC'ed this to the Southern list since that is where a large amount
of the discussion of the possibility of a Principality has already been
hashed and rehashed for their viewing as well.

In Service,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "If you don't worry 'bout the future
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   sooner or later it's the past