SR - Re: coastal principality?

Raymond Catz scurlock at ies.net
Mon Apr 13 19:03:28 PDT 1998

Unto Lawrence the Rampant of Ram's Isle:

I think that you were the one who posted the message about the meeting in
Seawinds.  I think that you can expect one or two people to be there from
La Marche Sauvage.  I just got off the phone with our seneschal, and she,
at least, would like to try and make it.

La Marche has been concerned that if seawinds goes with the southern
principality, that our shire may find itself either pulled in because of
the geography, or cut off by the new boundary.  La Marche is, for a variety
of reasons, not interested in belonging to a principality formed primarily
from the southern region.  None of the reasons are personal.

I would propose, entirely on my own account, that we open discussions
between Seawinds, La Marche Sauvage, River Tree, Stargate, and anyone else
who wants in, regarding the fromation of a coastal principality.  Although
at the last shire meeting, the membership of the shire unanimously decided
against seeking membership in a southern principality, La Marche would
probably be in support of a proposal to form a coastal principality.

Please put this to the membership in seawinds for their consideration.  I
am waiting for replies from Stargate on this matter.

						Jeremy Scurlock