SR - Naming the Region

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Tue Apr 14 08:50:52 PDT 1998

<much informative stuff snipped>

In Campo di Fiori, what does "Fiori" mean?  "Field where
the Fiori family lives" is not particularly good support
for "Field of the lions": the obvious explanation for the former
(if you go there, you'll meet the Fioris, which is not all
that unexpected -- SOMEONE is likely to live there)
is most improbable for the latter (zoos were NOT common).

Daniel de Lincolia
--

[Martin, Brian]  Campo di Fiori means "Field of Flowers".
Interestingly enough,

While zoos may not be period, if you travel to the southern region,
particularly Bjornsborg,
one will meet Lions. In fact, I think that Bjornsborg may have more
Lions of Ansteorra than
any other group in the kingdom. I think its either Bjornsborg or
Stargate. Still between Bjornsborg,
Ravensfort and Bryn Gwlad, we have a sizable pride in the South.

Pendaran