SR - principality

Raymond Catz scurlock at ies.net
Tue Apr 14 16:46:53 PDT 1998

To those of you that have replied in the negative to the proposition that a
shire can be forced against its will into a principality:

Technically, I think you are probably correct. However, as a practical
matter, it can happen.

Let's assume that Seawinds decides to go with the southern principality and
La Marche does not.  The reality is that La Marche will be cut off in a
small Ansteorran enclave without any option to go with any principality
which may thereafter be formed.  (Although I suppose that it is possible
that we could be jerrymandered into a western principality).

Lets further assume that other principalities form until virtually the
entire kingdom is involved. La Marche will be left with a hobson's choice
between remaining in an isolated enclave, or going with the southern
principality.

						Jeremy