SR - Re: coastal principality?

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Apr 14 06:17:22 PDT 1998

Tim McDaniel said something that sounded like:
> > We were specifically told at the meeting in Tempio, that
> > if Seawinds joined with the Southern Region, that La
> > Marche Sauvage would be pulled into because of the geography.
> I am not sure that that is true.  One of the Corpora
> requirements is
>          d. Consensus favoring advancement in branch status,
>          among the members in the proposed principality.

Yes, I realize that.

> Now it doesn't define "consensus".

The other thing it doesn't define is if it is for each individual group
or the entirety of the region. As I read it, it would be the region. As
I would hope it meant, it would be the individual groups.

> However, I have a hard time believing that a branch could be pulled
> in against the will of a strong majority there.

Although I had a hard time believing this as well, Richard Fairborne
clearly said this. (At least it was clear in my mind, which is a bit
cloudy at times.) I believe he is a member of this list, so maybe he
could clarify it if I am wrong.

Honestly, I hope *we* would have the sense not to do that to a group if
they were unwilling. For example, when the final polling happens state
that La Marche/Seawinds would only be considered if *both* are in
consensus. If we get a clear view that they are unwilling from the straw
polls, then we shouldn't force the issue.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "I know that I will never be politically correct
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette