SR - Re: coastal principality?

nolen dale fairborn at swbell.net
Tue Apr 14 06:47:20 PDT 1998

Pug Bainter wrote:

> Tim McDaniel said something that sounded like:
> > > We were specifically told at the meeting in Tempio, that
> > > if Seawinds joined with the Southern Region, that La
> > > Marche Sauvage would be pulled into because of the geography.
> > I am not sure that that is true.  One of the Corpora
> > requirements is
> >          d. Consensus favoring advancement in branch status,
> >          among the members in the proposed principality.
>
> Yes, I realize that.
>
> > Now it doesn't define "consensus".
>
> The other thing it doesn't define is if it is for each individual group
> or the entirety of the region. As I read it, it would be the region. As
> I would hope it meant, it would be the individual groups.
>
> > However, I have a hard time believing that a branch could be pulled
> > in against the will of a strong majority there.
>
> Although I had a hard time believing this as well, Richard Fairborne
> clearly said this. (At least it was clear in my mind, which is a bit
> cloudy at times.) I believe he is a member of this list, so maybe he
> could clarify it if I am wrong.
>
> Honestly, I hope *we* would have the sense not to do that to a group if
> they were unwilling. For example, when the final polling happens state
> that La Marche/Seawinds would only be considered if *both* are in
> consensus. If we get a clear view that they are unwilling from the straw
> polls, then we shouldn't force the issue.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "I know that I will never be politically correct
> Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette
> House Flaming Dog     |   As far as I'm concerned the world could still be flat"
> pug at pug.net           |   --Meatloaf
Richard Fairbourne here. Let me annswer this question again. IF this
principality goes forth and if seawinds is included in the proposal then
La MArche Sauvage would almost certainly be included as well in the
proposal. All members within the proposed region that are sustaining
would get to cast their vote in favor  or against the proposed
principality. We can not have a principality between one part of the
kingdom and another without a connecting border(ie la marche sauvage).
If the principality went to kingdom one day you would have one group
seperated from its mother kingdom by another kingdom. I do not believe
that the sneschalate or the board would allow this. Of course La Marche
sauvage will be able to cast their votes and try to sway others to their
thinking, which could hurt the principality proposal as a whole. A real
simple solution would be to keep the present southern region as the
principality and none of this other stuff would apply. We have a long
way to go on this issue and maybe something else could be worked down
the line.
in service
Richard Fairbourne