SR - Shadow Kingdom--not

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Wed Apr 15 07:28:50 PDT 1998

Gotta quibble a little here. Atenveldt is not a shadow, former or
otherwise, of itself. Atenveldt is Atenveldt. I'm going to stick my
neck
out here, and wager that Atenveldt as it is now is not terribly
different
than what Atenveldt was in the beginning: a group a SCAers somewhat
centralized around Phoenix, AZ. I prefer to think of  Atenveldt in
her
present form as a crystalized distillation of what she always was--a
mother
of Kings and Kingdoms, a grande dame returned to herself after years
of
providing nurture and support to her progeny. She retains her
high-ranking
precedence in the Known World, her long, grand heritage, and a
strong,
active populace. Note here that I mean no offense at all to anyone
when I
say this, but doesn't it seem just a little, I don't know,
disrespectful
perhaps? to refer to a Kingdom with such a heritage as a "shadow"? It
may
be worth a moment's reflection and maybe a consideration of some
different
perspective.

Aquilanne

[Martin, Brian]  Wow. That's pretty darn eloquent for a high kickin',
board smashin' Laurel.  :)
(For those of you who didn't see the picture of Aqualanne breaking a
board in her martial arts
class, it was quite impressive.)
Pendaran