SR - P meeting

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 15 16:00:35 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Mistress Meadhbh says:

>True, increasing the non-internet information would be better. BUT, it is
still
>sporadic. There has not been enough time from the start of the process to the
>decision on when and where to hold a meeting to allow 'non-net' people to
plan for
>this activity.  We cannot rush this process.  And I also don't want to
saturate
>every event with a principality meeting either.

I hate to load the web with me-too missives, but I agree.  We need to plan
our meetings carefully and allow adequate time between meetings for
information dissemination.  I don't think we should try to firm up the next
meeting time until Fynnon Gath (although tossing out suggestions should be
okay).  I do think this topic should come up in every business meeting, at
least as a reminder that the topic is alive and under consideration and
that the next meeting will be held at _______.

Mistress Meadhbh further notes:
>As for the folks I spoke to, it doesn't matter whether or not they are in our
>region.  They do live in a group close by our region..  IMHO, this
principality
>will effect them as it will effect other members in this kingdom. As it
is, our
>boundaries are not set in stone (we just had a poll to test the waters, the
>boundaries could change at any given time until the final vote is counted
(if this
>should happen).  I have invited individuals from this group to attend the
meeting
>in Ffynon Gath.

Good points.  Which group?

As a side note:  once a group of, uh, groups starts to officially vie for
principality status, the only votes that will count will be those of the
groups involved.  If--say--Bryn Gwlad, Tempio, and Emerald Seas decided
they wanted to form a principality that excluded everyone else, the only
members who would be polled are the citizens of those three groups.
Objections from nearby groups might be noted, but their votes wouldn't be
counted.

And Mistress Meadhbh closes with:
>Finally, my comment had nothing to do with 'talking this up on the net'.
It had
>everything to do with NOT holding a meeting the Sunday after Kingdom Dance
and
>Music Symposium.  If we wait until Ffynon Gath, I think it will be a more
diverse
>group with representation from a number of groups.  Not just another Bryn
Gwlad
>meeting.

I can't agree more.  I was surprised at the high Bryn Gwlad percentage at
the Tempio meeting.  We really need to hear from the other groups, and we
need more than just a few voices from each group.  It's great hearing that
all the groups in the Southern Region are polling positive on this matter,
but I'd like to hear more direct input from these potential principality
players.  Not that I'm nagging, mind.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace
Dennis Grace