SR - Principality Award Insignia

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Mon Aug 3 10:59:37 PDT 1998

Casey&Coni wrote:
>it's not just being given because
> somebody has bamboozled the Crown into giving an award to a person who may
> or may not meet the rest of the kingdoms standards of that order.  I don't
> think I'd ever want to be in an order that didn't believe me to be their
> equal.
>
> How do the rest of you feel about it?

Completely in agreement with you.  I enjoy the idea of pass down
insignia.  When I got my Thistle from Patrick and Julia there were no
insignia in the box.  They apologized and said I would receive one at a
later date.  A little while later that day my SCA mother, the then Lady
Alix de Curci, gave me a thistle she had bought at Pennsic and had worn
for over a year.  I was very moved by the gesture.

Just my two pfennings...
Moriel***