SR - Principality Award Insignia

Rollie W. Reid carcassonnais at geocities.com
Mon Aug 3 22:06:20 PDT 1998

> Ritter Dieterich said

> On a separate issue, I like seeing regalia get passed along
> from person to person.

Absolutely.  My Sable Falcon insignia is special to me because of its
history.  I am the third to carry it, and all three of us are now
knights.  I am looking forward to a time when I can pass it on to
another.

My Laurel Medallion did not have a history, but it came from my
teacher, Master Peter of the Golden Isles.

Can you imagine a Knighting Ceremony where all the insignia had no
history?  I can't.

I am not really concerned with the gift of insignia(though I must say
well done Gilli), I love to see that moment when someone gives up an
insignia, and says, "you deserve this."  Such moments are among my
favorites.

Conor

lucetis sicut luminaria in mundo