SR - Principality Award Insignia

Brian & Pam Martin twinoak at shield.com
Mon Aug 3 08:05:39 PDT 1998

Gilli Wrote:

>No erroneous supposition at all.  My point was if they aren't going to do
>the work now to support the KINGDOM, why should we think they'll do the
work
>in the future to support a principality.

It sounds as though you are inferring that those who did not take up your
challenge are somehow not working for the kingdom. I can't speak for anyone
else, but I did not take your challenge, Gilli, for three reasons:

    1.) I am not talented when it comes to crafting items and therefore I
don't craft award insignias

    2.) I am currently very heavily inolved in painting award scrolls as
part of Bryn Gwlad's drive to provide the Crown with the scrolls that They
need for Their reign. (I can paint scrolls, all that requires is that you
stay in the lines, rather like a cloring book. :-) ) Between that, trying to
do the best job that I can as baron, and having a normal, busy mundane life,
I just didn't have time to make insignia even if I did have the talent and
the inclination.

    3.) Your challenge appeared to me to more of a self aggrandizing gimmick
than a sincere attempt to recruit help for a project.

    To assume that just because people did not take up your hastily
announced challenge, no one is working to support the king and would
therefore not support a principality is as false as it is insulting. Many
people across this region support the kingdom in many ways, and I know of
several people who are working on regional events for the south. Just
because they're not on the net bragging about it doesn't mean that its not
happening.

>Interesting...possibility; that because I made the challenge, folks decided
>not to support the Kingdom.  O.K., Cool.  Perhaps *if* this is the case, I
>can challenge those folks to contine to play the game.  *If* so, do you
>think it would have the same results? (Grin)

I'm not even certain what this is supposed to mean. However, there is one
statement that rings loudly and clearly: "folks decided not to support the
kingdom". How insulting! As I said previously, just because people aren't on
the net thumping their chests about their good deeds doesn't mean that those
deeds are going undone. Furthermore, there are MANY ways that people can
work and support the kingdom, region, barony, whatever. Just because people
didn't make insignia doesn't mean that they weren't out working on events,
scrolls, and many, many other chores for the SCA.

Okay, so you made a great many insignia for the Crown, congratulations. I'm
sure that Their Magesties appreciate your hard work, Its too bad that you
tainted your acheivement by taunting and insulting the rest of the region
while carrying on what looks like shameless self promotion.

Pendaran