SR - Principality Award Insignia

Casey&Coni cjw at vvm.com
Mon Aug 3 11:19:59 PDT 1998

Gilli wrote:
>Here are the Southern regional groups in the order listed in the Black Star
>and the number of insignia they turned in and the names of those who did:
>Bjornsborg:    NONE
>Bryn Gwald:    NONE
>Ffynnon Gath:    NONE
>Middleford:    83
>    HL Louise    3
>    HL Darcy      2
>    HL Gilli        78
>Raven's Fort:    NONE
>Shadowlands:    NONE
>Tempio:    NONE

I don't mean to nitpick here, but this isn't absolutely and technically
accurate.  Ravensfort turned in a Centurion cloak for the crowns use and
Tempio turned in a Centurions garter.  It doesn't affect the outcome of your
little competition, but I think it deserves merit.

On a separate issue, I like seeing regalia get passed along from person to
person.  This is still a donation (after all, if you give it away, you don't
have yours anymore, right?) and I think it means more when there's a history
behind it.  I was really touched when Galen gave up his Star of Merit garter
to Mara and I'm sure it means more to her as well.  Whenever that sort of
thing happens it really validates an award; it makes a statement that at
least one member of the order you're being admitted to believes you meet or
exceed the standard for that award- it's not just being given because
somebody has bamboozled the Crown into giving an award to a person who may
or may not meet the rest of the kingdoms standards of that order.  I don't
think I'd ever want to be in an order that didn't believe me to be their
equal.

How do the rest of you feel about it?

Ritter Dieterich