SR - Naming the region -Reply

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Aug 19 10:34:48 PDT 1998

On 19 Aug 98, at 8:32, Norman White wrote:

> I agree with Tivar.  What is this thing about lions?  I understand that
> there are actual lions possibly in this area but not at unusual numbers
> not encountered elsewhere.

mostr of the great lions passed in this a long time ago  ... about all that's
left is the random mountain lion (granted it is lion-ish).  pity though, they
are good hunting with lance, horse, and dogs (g)

> ...It is not as if other kingdoms do not have awards similar to the
> lions.  The Lions of Ansteorra are from what I understand a
> continuance of the award of the Lions of Atenveldt and apparently
> several other kingdoms including but not limited to Antir have
> similar awards (I am not a herald).  I am sure that those that
> have the award of Lions of Ansteorra are proud of this award, as
> they should be, but why name the new principality after the award?

that thread alway bothered me as well.  granted i understand pride and
tradition, but lets start our own traditions and try something that hasn't
already been done to death ... let's try new names, new iconography, new,
traditions ... and make new beginnings.

> ... I like Cibola also and if it rhymes with the 20th century disease
> ebola, just consider it a sign to our enemies what will happen if
> they tread on us.

that's exactly my meaning ... new ways of looking at things.  make our
enemies concerned that we are small, but deadly (g)

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves