SR - whats in a name?

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Thu Aug 20 09:37:00 PDT 1998

> I like the idea; however, I can see some difficulty with this meeting the
> heraldic requirement that it match a period naming practice, unless we
> treat the name "Ansteorra" as a tribal name.  However, what might work is
> to get some "good-old days" stories about those folks instrumental in
> creating and promoting the southern region to see if there is a "creation
> myth" we could build on to create a name.

actually, you could make a very good point about Ansteorra being a tribal
name .. that was pretty much the feeling way back then - a large tribe
made up of numerous clan's and households.  note the thread in many of
my posts about the kingdom being a summation of the people above all?  a
carry over from those early times and ideals ...

'wolf
.. was one of that early "tribe " and still considers self as same ... though
the world has changed, the heart is the same

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves