SR - Let's get this started right.

Rollie W. Reid carcassonnais at geocities.com
Thu Feb 19 21:24:56 PST 1998

Here's my first post to this list, so let's see if we can get things
stirred up right away.

First, so there is no confusion, this is

Conor mac Cinneide, OL, KSCA, etc.

First attempt to make trouble.

Let's make a principality.  I am completely behind this idea, and in
fact broached the idea several years ago, just about the time that
the regions were created.  My plan then was for a Principality
centered on Bryn Gwlad and Bjornsborg, and of course Ffynnon Gath.
 With those three we have enough population for a principality.  As
we expand outwards, we go to the first group out and ask them, if
they refuse, then our border is set, because we do not jump around
them to the next group.  So, if we go north, we start with Tempio and
Middleford (they are about equal distant from Bryn Gwlad).  If they
accept, then we go north to Emerald Keep.  That however is where I
would draw the line.  South of Bjornsborg there is not much until you
reach Seawinds.  It was always my goal to keep the Principality
small, and that seems too large to me.  The same applies when we go
east.  Shadowlands is two hours away, and Raven's Fort is three.  I
would probably draw the line between them, but they play together, so
they probably need to be accepted or rejected together.  Therefore,
my tendency is to reject both.  Remember, the original plan was to
stay small.  Lastly, west.  There nearest group is Trelac I believe,
too far away for the tiny Principality I envisioned.

Seems to me that this is just about the same area as the southern end
of I-35 that has been discussed.  At the time I wanted a principality
small enough that no one could accuse us of going off to play by
ourselves.  We would still travel, because there would only be six
groups in the Principality.  Kingdom status if it ever came would be
years away.

Let's get talking about it.

Conor

lucetis sicut luminaria in mundo