SR - doughnut holes

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Feb 20 08:22:38 PST 1998

Tim Lozos said something that sounded like:
> 1. A principality without foreign borders can't become a kingdom. T/F ?

False

It's not in the guidelines. As well, once it becomes a Kingdom it has
foreign borders.

> 2. A reason to have a doughnut hole is to relieve some peoples apprehensions
> about splitting Ansteorra (see above, if true). T/F?

True

Even though it is not in the guidelines, see below.

I think if the entire Southern Region goes (with or without the
Western), it will relieve them as well. We can't split coastal off from
the rest of the Kingdom. As I see it, the Southern Region surrounds the
Coastal Region.

> 3. The BOD will *not* ok a principality because of the doughnut hole thing.
> T/F?

Dunno

Although things are not in the guidelines, doesn't mean the BoD won't
shoot it down. They still have to approve it. Personally, I wouldn't
allow it, but I'm not on the BoD.

> 4. We *don't* want to split off and form a new kingdom with the Western
> and/or Coastal regions. T/F?

*I* don't. I see it as a maybe very distant future, but as I said, if we
get the *entire* Southern Region, then we won't be allowed until either
the Coastal split into a new Kingdom or the Central/Northern area did.

I don't know what other people want.

> 5. Whats the end game? Where do we want to be in 5 yrs? 10yrs?

Taking a nap in the south of France.

> 6. Would anybody be interested in a public forum discussion of the
> Principality issue at Crown Tourney? That gives everyone enough time to take
> the issue to at least 1 populace meeting and a few events. If so, let me
> know so I can schedual some time for one, with Their Majesty's permission.

I won't be present at this Crown Tourney, but I could see it getting
ugly with people from multiple groups present. (ie. Those regions not
being included or interested in it themself at this time.) I think it
more important to have it not at an event, especially Crown Tourney.

Ciao,