SR - Proposed Heraldry

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Feb 24 10:06:22 PST 1998

Lyonel wrote:
> The lion rampant is aggressively period

Nice phrase, that.  A nice lion rampant is a lovely notion.

> but I think we'd have a bitch of a time avoiding conflicts

For the various period lions still protected, the laurel
wreath gives one difference.  Most anything we do gives a
second.  SCA-registered lions are a different story ...  I
think it's best to design simple armory, and *then* check
for conflict, rather than complex the design to avoid
conflicts that might not be there.

Daniel "I'm with Calvin on 'Verbing weirds language!', and I
*like* it" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.