SR - The Naming

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Feb 24 20:20:00 PST 1998

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Martin, Brian <bmartin at origin.ea.com>
wrote:
> However, what a great motto for a principality:
> 	"Because that's what heroes do!"
> Remembering that we should all strive to be heroes,
> -Pendaran

My impression of mottos is that they tend to be a personal
claim ("Ich dien"), an injunction ("Touch not
the cat but a-glove", for Chattan), or a praiseworthy thing
or virtue (perhaps it's an injunction or a personal claim
too: that *you* should have such a virtue or that the bearer
*does*).

I would suggest, unless someone has contrary evidence, that
"Do as heroes do" would be closer to most mottos, and follow
Baron Pendaran's last line above.

Daniel "paraphrasing: 'When Henry V received the tennis
balls, he wittily mottoed <<Ich dien>>, <<my serve>>, and
invaded France'" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.