SR - p heraldry

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Feb 24 20:29:19 PST 1998

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 ldaude at ns.vvm.com wrote:
> I would not want to lose a Lion of Ansteorra somewhere in
> a morass of orders dealing with claws, manes, tails, and
> back molars.  I was living in the principality of the
> Outlands when we began to name all of our awards after
> every known part of a deer; so please do not say that it
> could not happen to us.

Ooooooh yes.  The Middle is dissecting the dragon at a
furious pace: I can think of Barb, Claw, Scale, and Heart
without any work.

But let's go thru the various practical and impractical
ideas for names and armory before I tell everyone why a
p-word or kingdom shouldn't have more awards than you can
count on two hands (Anne Boleyn excluded) and should
probably have much fewer and why an explosion of awards just
reeks.

Daniel "and the Dragon's Pizzle: for exceptional servicing
of the Crown" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.