SR - p heraldry

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Tue Feb 24 14:23:45 PST 1998

Hello All,

As a Lion of Ansteorra, I am very much in favor of incorporating a
lion (or lions) in any new principality heraldry. While I think that
Konrad has a valid concern about the naming of awards, I also think
that we could prevail upon people to be more creative when naming any
new awards. By that, I mean that we don't have to use the lion theme
in the awards.

I think that what is more important is to choose something that
symbolizes what is best in the SCA and that represents what we strive
for. Added to that the extreme medieval nature of using the lion in
heraldry makes the lion that much more appealing to me. Of course, I
am a bit biased...

Pendaran