SR - SR Events

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 1 07:46:42 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Sir Dieterich said:

>Lyonel, weren't you saying that Tempio's next at-bat for a SRFP was in
>August?  Perhaps we could look at that date.  I know Shadowlands just
had
>their go, Bjornsborg is right around the corner, and every Tuesday
night is
>essentially Bryn Gwlad's.  Seems like we need to work Ffynnon Gath,
>Middleford, and Ravensfort in the cycle pretty soon... think we can get
>those groups to look at calling it something a little bigger than a
SRFP?  I
>think we can.

Yes, I was hoping to hold a Southern Regional Fighter Practice in Tempio
on the 16th of August.  I think that's during Pennsic, but I know quite
a few of us won't be affording Pennsic this year, so we should still get
a decent turnout.

As for the remaining groups, we'll get around to everyone eventually.
I've only done this once, so far, and we have seven groups in the
Southern Region--eight if we count Emerald Keep, our potential defectors
from Central.

>What do the rest of y'all think?  Heralds, what type of facility do you
>need/want for a good symposium?

I think Gilli's probably correct in that a month and a half isn't enough
time to plan and schedule a full-scale Heraldic Symposium with all the
bells and whistles.  You might, however, manage a regional
mini-symposium.  Donal, Gwenllian, Daniel de Lincolia, et al, have been
running consultations at Bryn Gwlad fighter practice this past few weeks
with what looks (from the fighting field) like a great deal of success.
Maybe you could get them to take their act on the road :-)

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace, Capitan
Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra