SR - Southern regional cohesiveness

eirik eirik at n-link.com
Wed Jul 1 22:17:03 PDT 1998

I will preface the following by saying that I will not see any replies because I am going out of state. However I hope that I spark some discussion about the way that we see each other.

I play in the SCA because it's fun. No matter what happens with the principality issue, I will still play because it's fun. However, I feel that certain issues need to be addressed.

First of all, I live at the same house as the seneschal of Middleford; she uses my e-mail address, yet we never heard anything about the southern regional fighter practice until I talked to my regional deputy after she returned from that practice. It was posted here that all the seneschals were called and told about it. There is still problems with the flow of information and it needs to change if people wish this effort to succeed.

Secondly there is a kingdom event being held by Middleford during August, Academy of the Bow. How many people have volunteered their support for this event?? If we are going to show regional cohesiveness and support each other, then supporting a Kingdom event put on by a group in the Southern region should see a lot of support and attendence from the rest of the Southern region. Because this is an archery event, there probably won't be much attendence other than archers. The Autocrat told us tonight during our populace meeting that he had sent e-mail messages throughout the Kingdom asking for instructors to teach classes. He has received one reply. If we had regional cohesiveness we would have had a lot of help from our region. I'm sure the Autocrat would take classes on various subjects and would accept any offers of help.

I will not get replies to this on this list, however, my e-mail address is below:

eirik at n-link.com

In Service,
Ld. Eirik