SR - The C word--ewwww

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 14 07:01:36 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

HL Gilbert asks:

>What ever happened with all those committees? Who's on them?  How do
you get
>on?  And what is the current status of the regional news letter?

All what committees?  Aquilanne, Timo, Lionardo, Kazimir, Daniel,
AElfwyn, Duncan, and Eirik (sorry if I missed anyone) all offered to
*do* things.  Since they were *doing* things, a couple of them started
referring to themselves as a task group.  As far as I know, they're all
still doing stuff.  I think Aquilanne was hoping to get a newsletter out
at the end of this month.

There was, briefly, some discussion of putting together a Principality
formation issues "committee," but I don't think this matter is far
enough along to warrant such things.  Besides, I really hate the C word.
In my experience, a "committee" is a conglomerate of disparate ideas
that confounds processes and cripples enthusiasm--as the saying goes, "a
creature with 50 hands, 25 mouths, and no brain."

As for the idea that not having visible, continuoust activity means the
principality idea has died--no, that's just silly.  We are, however,
moving along at a leisurely pace.  Why rush?  Remember, folks, one of
the concerns at the Ffynnon Gath meeting was that this was all happening
too fast.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to get involved in the principality
process or just wants to get involved in helping to forge a more
concrete regional identity, I'd recommend just diving and doing stuff.
Aquilanne's putting together a newsletter/calendar.  Eirik and Lionardo
are compiling data.  Daniel and AElfwyn are performing arcane heraldic
rites.  Timotheus is building a FAQ.  I've held one regional fighter
practice and planned a second for August.  Kazimir is putting together a
rough draft/exemplar of principality laws.  Lots of folks have suggested
names and devices.

Find a need and fill it.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace, Capitan