SR - Legislating honour/intelligence/forthought

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Mon Jul 20 18:05:53 PDT 1998

First I would like to say that this is Lorraine
and I'm just speaking for ME and no one else...

MOST Ansteorrans by virtue of the mundane influence of living
in Texas and Oklahoma, were enculturated with the idea that
a person's word was a mark of their honour...no matter what
the situation...how the heck can you really legislate honour..

You can't discern the motives and methods of any of those
competing in any coronet/crown...no matter how it is chosen...

There are people who enter just to take out the person they don't
want to win...

Those that want to win to get even to all those who blew them off
when THEY were  acting like a twit...

Those who held the minimum in offices, just so they could fight for
crown...even though they never did the office...turned in a report
or were even removed from office for lack of ability to do the office...
and who had by their paranoid, greed and, hat chasing so disrupted
their group that it took years for it to recover...

There are those who know they have problems with blow calling but
don't have the self respect to ask others to help or take themselves
out of the tourney....

There are those who would falsify activity levels and other facts
about an individual, just so their friend would get a cookie...

What is the HONOUR that these people have ....how just and fair
do you think their reign would be...how well do YOU think they
would handle problems as they arose and the massive amounts of
paperwork???

No matter how you legislate these people will slip through...

Just one more thing ...
I CAN'T even BELIEVE you guys are talking CURIA

We already have an informal curia consisting of
the Great Officers of State, members of the Royal Family, Peerages, etc

You guys really want to legislate that these people have to be
formally asked and give consent to things....

What kind of memories DO you have??????