SR - Middleford's Straw Poll -Reply

eirik eirik at n-link.com
Fri Jul 3 10:14:08 PDT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Grace <sirlyonel at hotmail.com>
To: southern at Ansteorra.ORG <southern at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Thursday, July 02, 1998 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: SR - Middleford's Straw Poll -Reply

>Salut Cozyns,
>
>Lyonel aisai.
>
>Talon of Blackoak quotes Aquilanne's response to Middleford's vote
>results--
>
>>Wow. You guys are the only group with those kinds of stats. So if we
>>end up
>>going principality, which region do you think you guys would go with,
>>Central Region or Western Region (if Western doesn't join us)?

I better do some more explaining ( for some reason I do this a lot lately) I
was asked to do a straw poll. Not everyone was there for the poll I might
have to do a repoll. Maybe if someone would come to our populas or our event
at the end of August that might help. There is a few that are definately
against but if I recall there is more that are not sure or don't care which
way it goes. I am going to tell you something that might help with some of
things being said from our people. Don't take it personally because it's not
ment to be. If it becomes known that we don't want to be part of the
Principality??? You know I need to think about that which way to go
(something to think about!!!)
>--and replies:
>
>>What made you ask that question so soon in the game?
>>Why should you care about Middleford.  No one in the Region does.
>>Fishing?
>>Check the numbers for Middleford and you will find alot of Middlefords
>>numbers behind the bushes.  or playing somewhere else.
>
>Why so defensive, Talon?  Do you sense an agenda?
>
>We've been at the meetings, and we've tracked the group polls. What
>Aquilanne says is generally true.  Most of the votes have been at least
>moderately positive.  As for the nobody-cares-about-us line, don't you
>think that sounds a bit petulant?
>
>And please stop with the innuendo.  House Trinity and Sir Dieterich and
>HL Ebergardis are playing in Tempio despite living within your zip
>codes.  They've all been frank and open about this choice.  Since they
>have elected to play in Tempio, they aren't "Middleford's numbers." If
>people were refusing to play in my shire, I wouldn't be saying, "There's
>something wrong with those guys; they don't want to play with us."  I'd
>be asking what's wrong with the shire.
>
>Aquilanne's question was fairly straightforward:  if the region votes to
>become a principality but Middleford is not interested, we certainly
>won't want to include Middleford in the Principality.  Now, no one's
>telling you to tow the party line or get out (Hell, there *is* no party
>line) or any such nonsense.  You are, of course, free to politic against
>the Southern Principality idea.  Folks in almost every group are doing
>so.  Some of my friends right here in Bryn Gwlad are strongly opposed to
>the Southern Principality.  That's fine.  Everyone's entitled to their
>opinion.  As Aquilanne's post suggested, however, yours is the only
>group that is *primarily* opposed.
>
>So what does this all mean to Middleford? Well, at your next populace
>meeting, you might consider voting on this question:
>
>"If the Southern Region votes to become a Principality, do the citizens
>of Middleford:
>
>a) go with the principality,
>
>b) go with the Western Region, or
>
>c) go with the Central Region."
>
>Incidentally, the last straw poll from Emerald Keep suggested that
>*they* are overwhelmingly in favor of splitting from the Central Region
>and becoming part of a Southern Principality.  Thus, if Middleford
>elected to become part of Central Region, it could make for some bizarre
>borders.

Well You might want to know that the people who are for the Principality are
leaving after they graduate. The people that are permanant don't want it.