SR - Re: Academy of the Bow

Michael A. Scofield ivarcat at juno.com
Thu Jul 2 18:04:45 PDT 1998

Kenya inquired:

>Is no one interested in Academy of the Bow this year or what?? Gilli
>has posted several times to see if anyone of the Laurals or Knights or
>Dons or anyone would like to teach a class at Academy of the Bow!! No
one has
>yet to respond. If it's because of the heat we do have airconditioned
homes
>and I for one will be more than happy to have someone stay at my house
you
>can use my shower and even my swimming pool. I can take a group to my
house to
>swim for a bit if you like it doesn't bother me. I will probably go
>swimming at breaks or before feast.

I really don't think that there is no interest in AoB. I think it is more
along the line of everyone knows Gilli is going to be doing everything
for it (with help of the folks in MIddleford). There never has been a
very large and widespread interest in archery in Ansteorra. I am not
surprised there hasn't been a large response.

On a different track, I don't know where the postings have been
requesting teachers for the AoB, but *I* don't recall any. I'm not saying
there weren't any, I just don't recall seeing them. Were they on the
Ansteorra list? If so, I wouldn't see them. That list is insane! The SR
list is more than enough to keep up with.

I must say, after the last Gulf War, we do need many more archers (and
thousands of arrows). I unfortunately don't know if I will be able to
fight or even go to Gulf Wars next year, or ever for that matter.
Therefore, I am not committing to anything at this point in time.

> We don't even have a represenative as of yet. I hope that Baron
Pendaron ( I hope I >spelt it right!! Sorry if I goofed) and Baroness
Johanna will join us (Ya know you two are >well admired and  liked in
Middleford)

If you are looking for someone to represent the Crown, you need to ask
the Crown if they will allow someone to give awards. If so, suggest
someone that you have already asked if they could do that wonderful duty.
The Crown really appreciates it if you have someone in mind who has
agreed to do it, makes their job a lot easier.

>Could you please send your responces to HL Gilli because I will be
>going on vacation Sunday. Thanks

Okay, Gilli please pass this on to Kenya for me.

>In Service To The Dream
>HL Keyna Morgan Oulton
>Middleford Seneschal

Ivar