SR - Principality Solution

dentim at myriad.net dentim at myriad.net
Fri Jul 10 00:01:50 PDT 1998

Greetings!

Phillipe said..

>The answer was that the first principality proposal to go up to the BOD had
>>very good chance of being approved if it was valid and made sense.  A
>second
>>Principality proposal may be passed at BOD but the possibiltily of a third
>is
>>doubtful.

and Gilli asked...

...Based on what????  By whom???  Why not???  At the
>last count I saw, each of our regions could support a principality; but, it
>would take two to form a new kingdom.

Well, four out of five at least. The most current member count of the
Western region showed the had something like 89 members. 100 is required for
a principality. The rest of the regions are comfortably over that mark.

HL Richard Fairborn (dep. Kingdom Seneschal) and Don Tivar had spoken with
Sir Burke and a few others experienced in the matters at hand and the word
regarding the BOD was that one of the *primary* specs on a group going
principality is it's viability to go kingdom. In other words, a region with
120 that puts in a proposal is much more likly to be turned down (even
though they are over the minimum population) than one that is 400 or 500.

On a side note, I think they should change the guideline for
principality/kingdom population. Currently it is 100 and 400 members
respectivly. IMHO it should be more like 300 and 1000 to ensure some greater
diversity and depth. This also might keep us from having 25 kingdoms in the
Continental US in 20 yrs.

Gawd, could you sit through a Pennsic Grand court like that?!?! :>)

Timo
littlescumsuckingmutantlefty