SR - The C word--ewwww

Casey&Coni cjw at vvm.com
Wed Jul 15 01:07:48 PDT 1998

Good grief, it's hard to be nice sometimes... but I will try.  I ask you to
please read my post in it's entirety, though, as you normally only address
the first point of any of our posts and sidestep the rest.

>The problem with "find a need and fill it" in this case is it would be
>hypocritical.  *I* don't  see a need for this.

Then why did you ask for details on the committee?  Which is it? Do you want
to help or not?  You have me confused.

>I think the decission to build the house needs to be made before you by the
>curtains.  If the *pros* are so over whelming, then why not do the vote now
>on yes or no for principality.  If the answer is yes, then work out the
>details.  If it's no, we can all find something else to do; like make award
>insignia and scrolls for the Kingdom.

If you feel this activity is unworthy then please go ahead and continue your
endeavors in the award insignia production arena (we're keeping up on the
scrolls in our spare spare time).  We are not making curtains.  We are going
through all the small steps that it takes to come up with the ingredients
for a successful proposal.  Consider us to be more like auto designers who
are fine tuning the plans for a new car before we hit the production lines.
You wouldn't want to drive a car that's going to fall apart, would you?  We
need proposed arms.  We need a proposed name.  We need a proposed set of
laws.  And each of these things need to be agreeable to a majority of those
within the boundries of the proposed borders.  In order to better accomplish
this, we go through an information gathering process that includes a
newsletter, a webpage, informal talks and straw-polling.

So once again, is diagramed the process to which so many of us are giving
our spare man hours and sweat.  Please respect our efforts even if you find
them frivilous; Corpora insures that you will have your time to say 'no' as
you exemplify with your Truman analogy.

*NOTE: I am *not* saying that you should not discuss or debate the merits or
shortcomings of the project.  If you wish to do either, there are perfectly
legitimate forums for it such as the meetings and even here on the list so
long as you state that debate is your intended purpose.  It is important,
however, to refrain from making such debate an avenue for personal attack
(or the appearance of such- you know how touchy people can be).  It is also
important that if you decide to debate in this forum, you bring fresh
information in with each round of the debate, rebutting your oponents points
one by one.  Simply declaring them invalid without evidence does not shore
up your position.

>When Truman went to bed the papers had him defeated, but in the moring,
>after *all* the votes were counted he had won.  Does history repeat
>itself???
>
>Gilli

Only time will tell, Gilli.  Meanwhile, there is a ton of work to be done on
the proposal that I have to get back to.  I hope my thoughts here help you
decide on a course of action that suits your perception of what needs to be
done one way or another.  Oh, and one last reminder: remember to trim up a
persons previous post to you when posting to the list.

Patiently,

Dieterich