SR - New Traditions

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Wed Jul 15 22:19:16 PDT 1998

We have requirements that those fighting in the Crown list must meet.  They
must be a paid member.  They must have held a warrantable office for a year.
A member of the chivalry must speak for them if they are one themselves. (I
think these are correct, it's been a*long* time since I fought in one)

Why, in addition to these requirements, couldn't we add other *qualifiers*
that must have been done during the previous reign such as, I don't know;
must have entered an A & S comp, must have taken and passed a heraldry test,
fought in a light list, played in a chess tourny, etc.  Of course the list
could be longer with possibly a 3 out of a list of 5 things  listed that
must be done.

These items would have no effect on the actual tourny which would be as
normal.  However; to get to the tourny the other things would have been
done.

Gilli

Shoot more arrows.The above editorial is NOT the official opinion of the
Shire of Middleford, Southern Region, Ansteorra or any other organization.
Dissatisfaction with the above material should be directed only to the
author.

Tivar Moondragon said
 (Snip)
>That is correct. I was at the Board meeting when this policy was instituted
>(Governing & Policy Decision #5), and that was precisely their intent:
>rapier combat was not to be used in Crown or Coronet tournaments.
(Snip)