SR - New Traditions

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Wed Jul 15 23:40:08 PDT 1998

What I'm susgesting is additional qualifiers.  If they are infact doing
these things already, then it shouldn't be a problem.  For those who are not
of the peerage and perhaps even for those who are but aren't doing these
things, it's good training.

Gilli
Gilli said (that's me)

>>We have requirements that those fighting in the Crown list must meet.
They
>>must be a paid member.  They must have held a warrantable office for a
>year.
>>A member of the chivalry must speak for them if they are one themselves.
(I
>>think these are correct, it's been a*long* time since I fought in one)
>>
>>Why, in addition to these requirements, couldn't we add other *qualifiers*
>>that must have been done during the previous reign such as, I don't know;
>>must have entered an A & S comp, must have taken and passed a heraldry
>test,
>>fought in a light list, played in a chess tourny, etc.  Of course the list
>>could be longer with possibly a 3 out of a list of 5 things  listed that
>>must be done.
>>
>>These items would have no effect on the actual tourny which would be as
>>normal.  However; to get to the tourny the other things would have been
>>done.
(Snip)
Based on
>>Tivar Moondragon said
>> (Snip)
>>>That is correct. I was at the Board meeting when this policy was
>instituted
>>>(Governing & Policy Decision #5), and that was precisely their intent:
>>>rapier combat was not to be used in Crown or Coronet tournaments.
>>(Snip)
and Lady Anora  von Kohler said