SR - Beginning new traditions

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Jul 17 04:12:11 PDT 1998

Randy Wrinkle said something that sounded like:
> If you wish to limit "terms" of service for a crown or coronet then
> the best way is to win one.

I thought getting what the populace wanted to see for their group was
why we put together Principality law. We do that long before the *first*
coronet list.

Hard to win a tourney before it happens.

> Fighting in a crown or coronet list is like voting if you do not fight
> do not gripe.

I'm sorry, but I have the right to gripe. My time is worth as much as
the stick joke who happened to win that day. If I have been disillusioned
and this is not the case, I will gladly find a hobby where I am
appreciated for what I do.

Even if you win, it doesn't mean you get to change the rules. There is
still the little bit about having appropriate signatures, which at
minimum incldes the Kingdom or Principality Seneschal.

As well, it doesn't mean the next person won't reverse your decision.

Checks and balances are there for a reason.

> I do not think that it is a good idea to limit the amount of
> time that someone wants to spend in service to a group that runs on
> donated time!

Oddly enough, the Kingdom does just that.

A person is not allowed to be in a warranted office for more than 2 years
without dire need. Even then, they are not allowed past 3 years. This
doesn't mean they can't do another office though.

The current crown can not fight in the Crown Tourney during their reign.

You must be a member to be an officer.

Etc.

Ciao,