SR - Weeding out the doofusses (doofi?)

Brian & Pam Martin twinoak at shield.com
Sun Jul 19 14:30:44 PDT 1998

Daniel asked:
>Is it really only the Chivalry's job?  For example, if an unbelted
>marshal noticed problems, could he not ask to speak to the fighter
>privately?  How about an experienced but not yet Chived by-stander?
>
>Realize also that the person may not actually be a doofus, but may
>just be ignorant.  Robin of Gilwell has a story about a fighter who
>had a rep as a rhino, and when Robin finally talked to him about it he
>had no idea his calibration was so off, and was very grateful for the
>information.
>
>Daniel "just a lesser doofus" de Lincolia

Pendaran's Response:

Certainly anyone who wishes may talk to a fighter that they think has a
problem. However, it is not their *responsibility* to do so. Also, members
of the Chivalry can take "problem children" under their wing as a squire or
man at arms and mentor them. That's the sort of thing that I was talking
about.

Pendaran