SR - next Prin. meeting

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Jun 3 16:34:38 PDT 1998

I suggest a "preference ballot" (Australian ballot).  It would
reduce the number of times you have to mail ballots.  It tends
to favor more widely-acceptable choices over those with
strong supporters and opponents.

You get a ballot with some choices plus "None of the Above".
You number your choices in order, 1, 2, 3, ...  If you hit
None of the Above, it means you'd rather not have anything chosen
than the other choices you've given.

There is a simple procedure to count ballots.

It's used by some countries, I think, and by the Science Fiction
community's "Hugo awards", so it's a known technology.

Daniel "not that we have to worry about it now"
de Lincolia