SR - Preference Voting [was next Prin. meeting]

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Wed Jun 10 00:41:38 PDT 1998

Daniel wrote:

> I don't think I've explained preference voting in detail. [he goes on to do so]

This sounds like a variation on cumulative voting, a procedure used in
corporations.  In cumulative voting, everyone gets as many votes as
there are candidates, and may choose to vote for one or several at once.
No preference is indicated.  If you feel really strongly about one, you
can cast all your votes for that one candidate, or you can split votes
among the candidates.

For the purposes here, I think the preference voting Daniel has outlined
would be the most responsive to the concerns and the most efficient.
I'll even help count the blasted things.

AElfwyn