SR - Colors etc...

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Jun 3 16:27:19 PDT 1998

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden wrote:
> Gules ... surrounded by a laurel wreath proper

"Within" is the usual herald-speak, but it's perfectly clear
what you meant, as as I wrote a bit ago, I have no objections
to normal English.

1) This would be green-on-red, or a violation of the "Rule of
Tincture".  (It'd also be Christmasish.)

2) A widget within a circular thing is popular in modern times
but is at best quite rare in period.  It's registerable, mind
you, but I prefer to advocate putting the laurel wreath somewhere
else than wrapped around something.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;