SR - Reqs, Duties, & Powers (long)

Tim Lozos dentim at myriad.net
Thu Jun 4 11:50:33 PDT 1998

>Elisabeth Zakes said something that sounded like:
>> > 4. Powers of The Committee
>> > 	b. Committee members shall have no vote on any issues brought up at
>> > Principality meetings such as Naming, Heraldry, Mottoes, Borders etc.
>> 	You mean that when a vote is taken on names (for instance), the
>> general populace gets a vote, but committee members, even if they are of
>> the general populace, do not get a vote? Why?

Ditto to what Pug said.....

We're all of the general populace, but in this matter I feel it is best to
take any chance of manipulation out of the committees hands.

It also makes people who want to be on the committee aware of the fact they
are going to give up a vote. I hope it will focus their attention on what is
best for the region instead of personal preference.

Timo