SR - Reqs, Duties, & Powers (long)

Elisabeth Zakes ezakes at planview.com
Fri Jun 5 04:19:58 PDT 1998

> d.: What does "impartial" mean?  To paraphrase Churchill, "I
> refuse to be impartial between the fire brigade and the
> fire".  I have preferences rooted in the SCA -- to wit, that
> period practice is A Good Thing and the closer to period
> practice the better.  I have my personal preferences -- to
> wit, that Scandinavian and Celtic names are overdone in the
> SCA; can I find sir something nice in Italian, and we have a
> special on German today?  (To judge by the SCA, Dublin was
> bigger than modern New York, and The City on the Bosporus
> was a cow town (pun intended).)  I want to cheerlead.

	I think that "impartial" was meant to refer to the support or
non-support of forming a principality. Someone impartial in this context
would be someone who could put his preferences aside and work toward
making a *good* principality.

> I do NOT advocate misfeasance or malfeasance -- "oopsie, I
> misplaced that suggestion!"  "Now that I see the votes, I
> want the cutoff to be between #3 and #4 -- so the Mystycke
> Unycorne Keep gets dropped."  If elected, I ... ahem.  For
> example, I would list suggested names in alphabetical order,
> I think.  (Could I list arms in order of increasing
> complexity?)
>
> Daniel de Lincolia

	Names in alpha order, arms either in increasing complexity or
alpha by color of the field... I like this.

	Aethelyan