SR - re: Sir Moby's suggestions

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Fri Jun 5 21:25:58 PDT 1998

Heilsa all....

Kief here writing from HE Lorraine's account...

My right and good Sister typed...quoting Sir Moby.......

>Corey wrote:
>>There's lots of talk about forming a committee to help in the formation
>>of the principality......There's already a framework setup for
>>that.....local seneshals and Kief as the regional seneshal should work
>>fine! Lots of people are volunteering to work and thats fine....There's
>>lots of work to be done but a committee aside from the structure that's
>>already in place would be more red tape .   Remember the KISS
>>principle......Keep It Simple Stupid  :}

Good Folk there is a fine framework already in place...the Regional Officer
Corp. However, I will remind everyone that the officers at the Regional level
have a specific time limit on their tenure. The formation of a dedicated
Committee would be a "Good Thing". Those good gentles could see the effort
through to the end result...no matter if all the Regional Officers changed
during the interim before the "Final Ballot". A set of Moderators (Steering
Committee) would, IMO, be a good thing as well...

>An admirable frame of mind indeed. However, the framework setup you're
>talking about is comprised of people who already have jobs and work that
>they do on a regular basis. Unless these individuals *want* to serve on the
>committee *in addition* to the work they're already doing in their offices,
>it's really not fair to assume they'll just pick up this extra work and do
>it, too. (Except for Kief; if we keep him busy, he might stay out of
>trouble. ;-> ) Like you said, there's lots of work to be done, and it
>really should be done by people who *want* to do it, like the folks are
>already stepping up and taking up projects.

I do agree with Aquilanne...(mark this on your calendar...!) The Regional
Officers do have jobs to do. Still, while they should not have to bear all the
burden. It is within the scope of their Duties to assist the members of the
Region they serve in their endeavors... As well, serving as a Volunteer on the
Committee...or any of the necessary Sub-Committees (Marshals, Law, Heraldry,
Treasury, etc...) is a good lead in to the office skills needed as Great
Officers....*HINT*

Yeah, sure... It's _when_ I'm busy that I get into "trouble"...*sly grin*

>Besides, what are you doing posting to the list, anyway? I thought you were
>grounded. <g>

Hey...is Sir Whale-of-a-Tale negatively or a positively grounded...??

>Aquilanne

Kief...

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."