SR - Emerald Keep mtg/straw poll results

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Jun 9 22:39:01 PDT 1998

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998 HseTrinity at aol.com wrote:
> I had the opportunity to attend Emerald Keep's populace
> meeting last evening,

Since I'm not as up on all the Ansteorran groups as I ought
to be, I'm afraid I had to look it up.  For others in the
same boat, Emerald Keep is Waco.  It's the southernmost
group in the Central Region.  (It beats Graywood
(Nacogdoches) Graywood only by a few miles N-S, but Graywood
is way east over by the Louisiana border.)

Emerald Keep's nearest group is the Southern Region's Tempio
(Temple), under 50 miles away by I-35.  The Central Region
is 7 groups in the DFW area, plus Dragonsfire Tor
(Stephenville, approx. 75 miles SW of Fort Worth by US
route), Graywood (about 150 ESE of Dallas, US route), and
Rosenfeld (Tyler, approx. 100 miles ESE of Dallas by I-20).

>From a geographical point of view, Emerald Keep in a
southern principality makes sense to me.  We'll see how
discussions go.

Daniel "Anyone for the Principality of the Gray Rosy
Dragonelf Steppes?  Just thinking about the arms makes my
head hurt" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;
if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work address.