SR - ADMIN: Changes in bouncing email...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Jun 16 05:21:07 PDT 1998

Good Morning,

  The different lists I administer are changing the method that bouncing
  email messages are dealt with. The shear volume of bouncing email due
  to full mail boxes has finally gotten to me to make a change in how
  I was dealing with this problem.

  From now on, the different lists will handle bouncing email such that
  if you are a member of a list and your mail has bounced for more than
  24 hours, you will be removed from the list. This includes "User
  Unknown" bounces to known ISPs that have problems since they have
  never persisted for more than 24 hours.

  I hope this causes no one inconviences, but I hope it encourages
  people to read their mail at least often enough to keep their mailbox
  from becoming full.

In Service,